The Genie X-Alps harness is an ultra-light cocoon harness aimed at XC adventure and hike 'n fly pilots, or regular XC pilots who simply wish to fly in comfort and travel light.
|Pilot height (cm)||155-165||160-170||165-175||170-180||175-185||180-190|
The height information in the table is for guidance only.
Weight of harness: 2.4 kg (M size with carbon foot plate, including certified 14cm back protection)
The Genie X-Alps is based on the harness used by GIN athletes in the X-Alps race, but with additional features for comfort, convenience and safety. The Genie X-Alps is constructed from a high-strength Dyneema ripstop fabric and features a substantial 14cm moussebag and an integrated front rescue container / flight deck. It’s available in 6 sizes, ensuring optimum fit and simple adjustment.
All-terrain XC Adventure
The Genie X-Alps is well suited to adventures in wild places. Its stable geometry is ideal for modern intermediate and high performance gliders flown in challenging mountain conditions. Comfort on long flights is first class—the harness adapts to the pilot’s body shape due to the hammock principle, and the substantial foam back protector helps to distribute the load over a wide area of the back.
Fit and simplicity
The fit of a harness is one of the most important aspects for comfort, safety and performance. The range of 6 sizes gives you the best possible fit without the need for complicated adjustments.
The Genie X-Alps is one of the lightest harnesses of its kind. It is also strong and easy to pack and carry. As with any lightweight equipment, a technical understanding of the product is necessary to obtain the longest possible period of use. Handle the harness with care and avoid dragging it on rough ground.
- aerodynamic profile and small cross section for reduced drag
- high-strength ripstop Dyneema fabric
- integrated full-size cockpit with front rescue container, rescue deployable with either hand
- carbon fibre footplate
- Dyneema webbing and adjustment straps
- 14cm certified moussebag back protection
- large back pocket with pouch for hydration pack
- routing for hydration pack / radio
- optimal sitting position for aerodynamics and comfort on long flights
- lightweight 2 step speedbar included